Monday, June 18, 2007

Amendment

I have to admit that the picture choice yesterday was my own, so here are a couple of decidedly un-camp blokes to make up for it...

I'm sure the media do prefer to show the more outrageous parts of these parades, but equally, the participants dress for attention.

This was actually one of the things I liked about the Pride march. Whenever I see environmental or political rallies, the activists seem to adhere to a uniform of old hippy rags, which always strikes me as a bad move. It gives the impression that only dreadlocked stoners care about these issues. The Gay Pride folks might have camped it up a bit, but they did it in a tongue-in-cheek way and were clearly ordinary people with a serious message, trying to engage us with humour rather than anger.

No comments: